· Doctoral Candidate, ABD, Public Policy and Administration with concentration in Emergency Management (EM)
· MS, Environmental Science and Management, 2009, American Public University System, (APUS), West Virginia
· MA, Emergency Disaster Management, 2013 (APUS), WV
· BS, Construction/Civil Engineering, 1996, University of the District of Columbia (UDC), Washington, DC
· Graduate Certificate, Environmental Law & Policy (ELP), United State Depart. of Agriculture (USDA), Washington, DC
· Diploma & City Guilds Certificate, Carpentry and Joinery
Years of Experience
· 19 years
· Currently employ as an Environmental Engineer with the District of the Environment (DDOE), District of Columbia Government, Washington, D.C. since 1999 to present. Functions: storm water, erosion & sediment control, flood plain EISF and geotechnical reviews, etc. Prior to joining DDOE, worked with private engineering firms as geotechnical analyst and pre and post environmental auditor.
· Certificated in the following: FEMA Floodplain, storm water and erosion and sediment control, industrial hygienist, green roof, bio-retention and green sustainability, etc.
Besides Mr. Koffa’s environmental engineering discipline at DDOE, he also serves on the several ad hoc committees to craft and evaluate environmental policy issues on the basis of the Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT).
Mr. Koffa is the co-founder and Executive Director of the Africa Environmental Watch (AEW), formerly the Liberia Environmental Watch. In this capacity, Mr. Koffa advocates the objective and mission/vision of the AEW in Africa particularly in Liberia on the environmental issues such as national and international conferences for the capacity building of the Environmental Protection Agency of Liberia (EPA-L).
In May of 2012, Mr. Koffa headed a four men technical expert team to Liberia for need assessments of the EPA-L, TU, SMP and the official launching of environmental degree program at William V.S. Tubman University and Stella Maris Polytechnic
In July 2011, at the request of the Environmental Protection Agency of Liberia (EPAL), Mr. Koffa was a member of a technical team that provided professional training in connection with the renewal of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Evaluators Licensure & Certification, held in Monrovia, Liberia.Mr. Koffa is a former National Executive Vice President for Union of Liberian Association in the Americas (ULAA) and served as a delegate to the Peace Conference for Liberia in Accra Ghana, 2003. Mr. Koffa serves as board member on several local organizations.